Introduction: Janusirasana – Head To Knee Pose
The meaning of the sanskrit word “Janu” signifies “knees” and ‘siras’ stands for ‘head’. Hence this asana is known as Janushirasana. In this asana the head is placed and balanced on one’s knees. Therefore, it is also called as Head To Knee Pose. This asana is likewise named Ekpad-Paschimottanasana and Ardha Paschimottanasana. Iterate this asana at least 3 times during the practise session . Initially your body will not be flexible enough but if you try to touch and make a regular practice then bit by bit you’ll be able to touch the toes. Don’t curve your knees whilst deflecting frontward.
It is pronounced as janu-shir-asah-nah.
Benefits of Janusirasana – Head To Knee Pose
Janusirasana is one among the pose much resemble to Paschimottanasana. There are many benefits and advantages of Janusirasana- Head To Knee Pose
- Constipation is cured.
- Meliorates tractableness of sciatic nerve and ankle, knee and hip joints.
- The ribs become progressively elastic and flexible.
- Raises functionality capacity of kidney.
- Janusirasana increases the stretchable capacity of venous blood vessel and sinews of the backbone.
- This asana is the most vivid stretching out pose and such poses increments circulation to liver, spleen and pancreas.
- This asana provide rest in cases of sciatica.
- It arouses thymus gland secretory organ, digestion and immune system.
- All the troubles of ankle joint, calf-muscles, knees and second joint i.e thigh disappear by janusirasana.
- Step-ups flexibleness of the trapezius muscle, deltoid muscle, thighbone and biceps muscular tissue and provide strength to last five vertebrae of the backbone.
- The joints also become flexible and strong.
- Elongates and fortifies hip, articulation coxae, shoulders and backbone.
- Complete disorderlinesses of the seminal fluid are healed.
- Energizes and strengthens the digestive organs, step-ups vermiculation, remedies constipation and other troubles.
- Janusirasana is very beneficial for patients of diabetes.
- Summons articulations and increments snap in the lumbar vertebral column.
- Troubles of short temper, liver and bowels are recovered and also improves the digestion process
- Provide adequate flexibility to back bone and back muscles.
- Janusirasana helps oneself to balance the level of blood sugar and also the metabolic process.
- Relieves compression of the spine and sciatica
- It tones up and stretches out the hamstring tendon.
- This asana holds healthful consequence on nervus ischiadicus( sciatic nerve).
- This asana improves concentration capacity and intellectual endurance of the body
Steps for Janusirasana – Head To Knee Pose
- First of all sit down in sitting pose with both the legs broadened in front. Keep your toes and heels together and set your palms on your knees.
- .Slowly curve your left leg such that the left leg foot touches the thigh.
- On breathing out, bend in forwards direction to place your palms ahead of your toes. Hold your right leg toe with both the hands and bow more so that your frontal bone touches the right knee.
- Hold this position and execute normal breathing as long as you’re at ease.
- Though breathing in, get back to sitting and resting position.
- Repeat the same process for right leg.