Introduction : Linga Mudra
Linga Mudra is also know as the Mudra of Heat and Energy. The term “Linga” is the Sanskrit word for genus Phallus i.e the male genital organ. Linga mudra help to step-ups the body heat energy as it reinforces the fire element of the body.
The thumb finger symbolizes the fire element of human body. Linga mudra strengthened this fire element.
The fire factor which dwells in the thumb is sparked off and is capable to increment unrestrained. In Sanskrit “Linga” or “Angustha” also refers to ‘thumb”.
Benefits of Linga Mudra
- The linga mudra may make up to get over the disorders likes shuddering and shivering owed to excess of cold weather, Sexual feebleness in males, asthma attack and additional respiratory disorder that happen due to changing of weather, Ailments induced from an overrun/ collection of mucose in the body such as colds, sinusitis, wet cough.
- It reinvigorates the torso.
- It blocks the production of phlegm or mucous and render great power to lungs.
- The Linga mudra represents as a curative aids for the lungs, defending against coldnesses and common cold atmospheric condition and also Strengthens immune system.
- Meliorates gastrointestinal system.
- Ladies may mentally develop herself, from withstanding sexual intercourse.
- Linga Mudra remedies problem of suffocation caused due to air condition.
- This mudra engenders heat energy in the body and hence as it “burns off” away gathered sluggishness in the thorax.
- Helps oneself in holding back the position of navel point.
- The Linga Mudra may too help oneself to reduce body weight. Yet, it essential be done with special care like perform the mudra 3 times a day for 15 minutes. As well drink at the least 8 glasses of water and eat cooling down foods, such as yogurt, rice, bananas, and citrus fruit. It burns down undesired calories in the body, thus bringing down obesity.
- It helps oneself in maximizing dynamism in a person.
- People with sensitive nature should execute this mudra to attain calmness.
Methods for Linga Mudra
- Firstly join both the palms and then interlock the fingers of both the hands.
- Hold out one thumb in upwardly direction.
- Encircle held out thumb with the forefinger and thumb of the other hand.
Linga Mudra can be practice any time . But do not exercise it more because it develops heat energy in the body. It may stimulate perspiration still in winter whenever you exercise it more hour long.
Practice as required or 3 times a day for 15 minutes. This Mudra not to be executed regularly. You can perform it ought be executed only if demanded like as tolerating from shivering and ought be stopped when the ailment has been get over.
Over utilization of Linga mudra might worsen the Pitta bodily fluid inside the body, causing sluggishness and lethargy. This mudra should not be done as tolerating from ailments of Pitta-excess, specially feverishness.