What is Back Pain?
Back pain is one among the commonest complaints in both men and women. Back pain is painful sensation sensed in the back that normally arises from the muscles, bones, nerves, joints in the vertebral column. The vertebral column is a complicated interlinking network of nerves, muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments, and each and every part are adequate enough of giving rise to pain. People of every social class can have back pain in their particular age group. Back pain might cause an unexpected attack or may be a prolonged painful sensation. It can be continuous pain or periodical pain. According to research 75 percent
Back pain might cause an unexpected attack or may be a prolonged painful sensation. It can be continuous pain or periodical pain. According to research 75 percent to 80 percent people nowadays complains of severe and terrible back pain and it is due to a poor posture of the body. Back pain could be split up into the cervix (neck)pain, middle back pain, lower back pain. Back pain may also represent and points toward for a severe medical problem if not treated on time.
Causes of Back Pain
Although back pain is not a very serious or complicated health problem but it is better to know the causes for back pain to avoid the causes and stay free from back pain. There are several causes for back pain such as:
- Pregnant women are very much prone and likely to get back pain.
- Rheumatoid spondylitis
- Any injury or surgery on back
- Arthritis in the spinal column is a basic cause of back pain, particularly in adults.
- An inactive lifestyle
- Wrong sleeping Posture or sleeping on a hard surface.
- Age factor because adult are more prone to back pain
- Depressive disorder(depression)
- Sitting for long period of time in one place or improper seating
- Gender factor as women are more susceptible to back pain than males
- Menstrual Period
- Degenerative joint disease
- Strenuous physical exercise (especially if not done properly)
- Effort full and forceful physiological work
- Breast, lung and prostate cancer
- Ruptured spinal Disc
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Lack of exercise
Types of Back Pain
Back Pain is a sharp or mild pain sensed in the back. The types of back pain classified according to the duration of pain are mainly of acute, sub-acute and chronic. Acute pain holds up for less than four weeks i.e short term pain, sub-acute holds up from 4 to 12 weeks whereas chronic pain lasts for almost or more than 3 months.
Acute pain holds up for less than four weeks i.e short term pain, sub-acute holds up from 4 to 12 weeks whereas chronic pain lasts for almost or more than 3 months.
Back Pain can be further classified as neck pain, upper back pain and lower back pain depending on the sitting or standing position.
There are likewise three main types of back pain axial, referred and radicular pain.
Axial back pain is the more common type, prolong sitting on a chair or lying on a bed can cause Axial back pain. The brain may not identify the exact source of pain. In such cases, sometimes the hurt or damage is done to certain parts of the body but the brain incorrectly and accidentally takes spinal cord as responsible for pain because nerves pass across the spine, This case of pain is called as referred pain. You experience painful sensation on the backbone although the main cause is other body parts. Radicular back pain is mainly because of genuine damage to the vertebral column, nervus spinalis or intervertebral disk.
Symptoms of Back Pain
- Continual painful or awkwardness stress and pain on your spine.
- Sudden cervix or neck pain and stiffness, headaches.
- Feeling penetrating and sharp pain whenever you lift any heavy object or do any hard physical work.
- Chronic Pain or ache in the midst or lower back, particularly when you are sitting or standing for a long time.
- Unable to stand erect because of terrible cramps in the low back.
- The Terrible clumsiness of the shoulder joint.
- Tenderness in the lower backbone, tightness in muscles, are like muscular pain.
Simple Home Remedies To Cure Back Pain
- The home remedy to cure Back pain like calling someone to do massage on your back with ointment or herbal oil by slowly increasing the pressure, you may feel relax and painless.
- Back Pain may be also due to deficiency of Vitamin D so try to get Vitamin D (Sunlight) and cure back pain.
- Whenever you lift anything, make a note that does not bend directly, firstly bend your knees then lift the object. Don’t turn or twist your back when you lift any object to cure back pain.
- Do not sit at one place for a long time, All of the time sit down in proper chairs that support your back, you may use the pillow if required.
- Try to reduce your body weight to relief the pressure from the back.
- Stop laziness and do some workout because daily exercise keeps the backbone strong enough and strengthen the spine. It acts as healthy back pain cure strategy.
- Relax your mind and body through meditation, deep breathing to get free yourself from emotional tension.
- Apply a pack of ice to the burning or affected area within 24 hours of an accidental injury for atleast 20 mins to stop the swelling. It will be easy to cure back pain.
Asana For Back Pain Cure
Though there are many Home remedy for Back Pain cure but it is preferable to do Yoga and Asana to stop Back Pain permanently. Back pain is due to poor body posture and carelessness toward the body.
Few yoga and Asana are very healthful in the back pain cure are as a follow
Naga Asana – The Cobra Pose
Shalabha Asana–The Locust Pose
Hala Asana –The Plow Pose
Gomukha Asana -The Cow Face Pose
Tada Asana – The Mountain Pose
Matsya Asana -The Fish Pose
Bala Asana–The Child Pose